For the most part, I enjoy Google Chrome and use it almost exclusively for web browsing. However, I ran into a bit of a problem this weekend as Hollow Developers was switching our production servers from one host to another. As soon as our DNS records were updated, I hopped over to OpenDNS, the DNS server that I use at home, and ensured their cache for the domain was using the updated server. It was – so I was good to go – or so I thought.
Next, I loaded up the domain in Chrome, but it was loading the old server! I opened up Opera, and it was loading up the correct server. Odd, since DNS should be shared between all applications on my laptop. And then it hit me, Chrome has some pretty extensive DNS settings and a corresponding DNS cache. After a little searching, I found out that I could clear the DNS cache at chrome://net-internals/#dns.